Top facebook2x Top twitter2x Top linkedin2x Top pinterest2x Top youtube2x Top instagram2x Top phone2x 01481 722838 Top email2x Email us Top webcam2x Webcam Top search2x Basket Login
Home / The Club / The GYC / History
Home / The Club / The GYC / History

History

The Guernsey Yacht Club was established in 1890, and in 1961 the Club secured a lease from the States of Guernsey and built a single-storey clubhouse. Over the years this has been extended many times, and now offers 3 rooms all with licensed bars, a fantastic large outside decked area, as well as wet-change facilities.

Over the years there have been many dominant sailing fleets including the Guernsey Falcons, Albacores, Shearwaters, Ospreys, J24's X99's and Melges.

In addition to the clubhouse, the GYC also has a starting hut inside Castle Cornet with superb views across the sailing area.

The Club hosted the sailing and windsurfing events at the 2003 Island Games and is looking forward to hosting them again in 2023. In addition, we also welcome many visiting regattas and rallied as well as the popular annual inter-island race with Jersey, our own Guernsey Regatta, and triennially the Juniors host Trophee des Isles.

Last updated 20:14 on 21 February 2021

© 2021 Guernsey Yacht Club powered by Sailing Club Manager